London, United Kingdom —May 18, 2023—The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced that Pokémon HOME, the cloud service designed as a place where all Pokémon can gather, will be updated to version 3.0.0 soon.
Compatibility between Pokémon HOME, Pokémon Scarlet, and Pokémon Violet is included in this update. After players link their game to Pokémon HOME, they will be able to transfer Pokémon from Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet to Pokémon HOME and bring select Pokémon from other games to the Paldea region. The Tera Type of Pokémon moved to Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet from other games will be determined by their original type or types.
Get Special Pokémon After Linking Your Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet Game
By transferring a Pokémon from Pokémon Scarlet or Pokémon Violet into Pokémon HOME for the first time, players will be able to receive a Sprigatito, Fuecoco, and Quaxly with Hidden Abilities as Mystery Gifts in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME.
Version 3.0.0 Update Highlights
- Convert Pokémon HOME Points into LP (League Points): Players will be able to exchange Pokémon HOME Points, which they receive based on the number of Pokémon in their Boxes, for LP that they can use in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet.
- View Game-Specific Details: Players will be able to change a Pokémon’s summary page to display information from other games the Pokémon has been in. Additionally, in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, the summary page of Pokémon transferred from Pokémon Bank will now show its stats and information as they were in Pokémon Bank.
- Changing Moves: From version 3.0.0 onward, when bringing a Pokémon from Pokémon HOME into a linked game, players will be able to change the moves it knows from among a list of moves it has learned up to that point. This will allow players to have their Pokémon know moves before moving it out of Pokémon HOME.
- Added Challenges and Stickers: If certain challenges are completed in the mobile device version of Pokémon HOME, you can obtain stickers as rewards. You can use the stickers you obtain to customize your profile, so be sure to complete all sorts of challenges to create designs that are uniquely “you”!
- Bring Along Gimmighoul (Roaming Form): Players will be able to bring Gimmighoul (Roaming Form) from Pokémon GO into Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet via Pokémon HOME.
For more information on Pokémon HOME version 3.0.0, please click here.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, please visit www.pokemon.co.uk.
Nintendo Co., Ltd., headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, has created franchises that have become household names worldwide, including Mario™, Donkey Kong™, The Legend of Zelda™, Metroid™, Pokémon™, Animal Crossing™, Pikmin™ and Splatoon™, through its integrated hardware and software products. Nintendo aims to deliver unique, intuitive entertainment experiences for everyone, manufacturing and marketing video game devices such as the Nintendo Switch™ family of systems, developing and operating applications for smart devices, and collaborating with partners on a range of other entertainment initiatives like visual content and theme parks. Nintendo has sold more than 5.4 billion video games and over 800 million hardware units globally. From the launch of the Nintendo Entertainment System™ more than 30 years ago, through today and into the future, Nintendo’s continuing mission is to create unique entertainment that puts smiles on the faces of people all over the world. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of Europe, based in Frankfurt, Germany, serves as headquarters for Nintendo's operations in Europe. For more information about Nintendo of Europe, please visit the company’s website at https://www.nintendo-europe.com/