TOKYO—January 5, 2021—DeNA Co., Ltd., in partnership with The Pokémon Company, is ringing in the New Year by announcing various themed content updates for Pokémon Masters EX. DeNA also revealed a banner that highlights many of the 50 sync pairs added to the game in 2020, celebrating a year of growth and accomplishments together with its community.
Players will be able to add New Years-inspired versions of Lillie & Ribombee and Lance & Gyarados to their teams via the sync pair spotlight scout, available now until January 13, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time. The Bug-type sync pair of Lillie & Ribombee can deploy moves like Alola Lang Syne!, which raises the evasiveness of all allied sync pairs while blocking status conditions. The Flying-type sync pair of Lance & Gyarados can unleash moves like Hyper Beam, which deals extraordinary damage at the cost of four (out of six) bars of the move gauge. Both sync pairs can reach a 6★ EX Potential rating, which increases the strength of their sync moves and provides them with an additional New Years-inspired outfit to wear.
An in-game story event titled “Season’s Greetings” is also available now until January 13, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story. This event features Lillie and Lance in their New Year’s outfits as they work together to deliver New Year’s cards to various Trainers on Pasio, such as Blue, Silver, and Clair.
To commemorate the New Year, players can earn up to a total of 7,200 Gems, enough to add up to 26 sync pairs to their teams by completing various login and mission challenges throughout this month. Starting now until January 13, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time, 1,200 Gems are available to players that complete special missions. Players that login to the game before January 31, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time will earn 3,000 Gems, while players that login for 10 days from now until January 31, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time can earn up to an additional 3,000 Gems.
In addition to these New Years-themed content updates, DeNA also announced that the following content updates are now available:
- Champion Stadium – Johto Challenge: Opponents in the Champion Stadium game mode will now be from the Johto region, allowing players to take on Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen of the Johto Elite Four, as well as the Johto Champion, Lance. The true challenge of this game mode lies in having to defeat them all in five consecutive battles with a limited number of sync pairs. Once a sync pair has participated in a battle, it cannot battle again while the challenge is underway, making it crucial for players to have an arsenal of powerful sync pairs. The Champion Stadium is available now until January 31, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 10 of the Main Story. In the future, Elite Four members and Champions from other regions of the Pokémon world will also come to the Champion Stadium.
- Electric and Steel-Type Egg Event: This event lets players earn Pokémon Eggs, which can be hatched into Electric and Steel-Type Pokémon such as Pichu, Elekid, and Magnemite. All Pokémon hatched from Eggs can be paired with the game’s Main Character to battle alongside one another. This event will be available from January 6, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. Pacific Time until January 20, 2021 at 10:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
- Legendary Event – “Pure Hearts and Rainbow Wings”: Players that complete this event will be able to form a sync pair with the Legendary Pokémon Ho-Oh. “Pure Hearts and Rainbow Wings” is available now until February 7, 2021 at 9:59 p.m. Pacific Time for players who have completed Chapter 1 of the Main Story.
Players can check the in-game menus for more information. Note that in-game event dates are subject to change without notice.
Pokémon Masters EX is a real-time battling and strategy game for compatible Android and Apple devices that is free-to-start with in-app purchases. It can be downloaded at the links below:
- Google Play (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dena.a12026418
- App Store (iOS): https://apps.apple.com/app/id1442061397
The game is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Traditional Chinese. Fans can learn more about Pokémon Masters EX at https://Pokémonmasters-game.com/en-US.
Stay tuned to the official social media channels on Twitter (https://twitter.com/PokémonMasters), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/PokémonMastersGame), and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/Pokémonmastersgame), as well as the official YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/c/PokémonMastersGame), for news about the game.
All assets can be downloaded here: [INSERT LINK]
DeNA (pronounced “D-N-A”) develops and operates a broad range of mobile and online services including games, live streaming, entertainment, healthcare, and other diversified offerings. Founded in 1999, DeNA is headquartered in Tokyo with over 2,000 employees. DeNA's aim is to delight and impact the world through the use of the internet and AI. DeNA Co., Ltd. is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (2432). For more information, visit: dena.com/intl/.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing and marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children’s entertainment properties in the world. For more information, visit www.Pokémon.com.